15 Minute History is a podcast series is devoted to short, accessible discussions of important topics in World History and US History. The discussions will be conducted by the award winning faculty and graduate students at the University of Texas at Austin.
15 Minute History is a joint project of Hemispheres, the international outreach consortium at the University of Texas at Austin, and Not Even Past, a website with articles on a wide variety of historical issues, produced by the History Department at the University of Texas at Austin.
These podcasts are meant to be a resource for both teachers and students, but they can be enjoyed by anyone with an interest in history. Each podcast will be accompanied by documents and readings related to the topic for people who want to learn more about the topic.
Our full episode catalog can be found on this web site and through iTunes U. The most recent episodes can be found on Google Play Music and Stitcher. You can also subscribe to our RSS feed in your favorite news reader.
15 Minute History is a collaborative effort of:
- Joan Neuberger, Editor
- Mark Sheaves, Assistant Editor, Books Editor
- Edward Shore, Public Scholarship Coordinator
- Sally Dickson, Outreach Coordinator, Center for European Studies
- Lindsey Engelman, Public Engagement Coordinator, Teresa Lozano Long Institute for Latin American Studies
- Rebekka Sherman-Loeffler, Outreach Coordinator, Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies
- Rachel Meyer, Assistant Director, South Asia Institute
- Christopher Rose, Assistant Director, Center for Middle Eastern Studies
Audio is recorded by the Liberal Arts Instructional Technology Services in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Michael Heidenreich, Audio Services Coordinator
- Jacob Weiss, Audio Editor (who makes us sound good!)
Additional support comes from Michael DeLeon and the University of Texas’ iTunes U support team, Gary Susswein and the University of Texas Public Affairs Office, and Jessica Sinn and the College of Liberal Arts Public Affairs Office.
15 Minute History graciously acknowledges the permission of the University of Texas at Austin’s Trademark and Licensing Office for the use of the official University of Texas at Austin word mark and logo in branding 15 Minute History.